iPhone Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Resolved, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Resolved macrumors newbie

I'm trying to migrate my iTunes and iPhone to my brand new MacBook pro, but my problem is that i cannot find my iphone backup. I tried searching for it in where everyone says it should be and its not there.

I want to search for it in the search bar but I don't know what the file is called. I know that if it was a document it would be a .doc or something of the sort. what is the file of the iphone backup going to be called so I can search it?

thanks for your help.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This path is for a Mac, but it should be similar for a Windows PC.

[​IMG]

If you don't find it, then you might want to check in iTunes if you even have a back-up for your iPhone.

[​IMG]

3. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Are both files needed? Would an Apple Genius use these to put on a new-to-me warranty phone?

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

One file is for the iPhone, the other for the iPad.

5. -aggie-, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

-aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Search for MobileSync. The backup foider is inside that folder.

I don't know why I even told you that. You don't need the backup. Just backup the phone to your Mac. Authorize it in iTunes. Right click on the iPhone in iTunes, backup and then transfer purchases. Then just sync it after you transfer your media by whatever means you use (external HD, 3rd party software. etc.).

6. kristinatroupe macrumors newbie

Here you have posted good steps to take iphone backup. I am really thankful to you because I am so much confused in this big problem. But now I got my backup through your post and my request is that please be in touch in future.