Iphone Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by UBALL07, Jul 3, 2011.

1. UBALL07 macrumors newbie

OK i got a major problem i think?

what happend was my iphone had to been shipped because the screen was kind of shaddered. before it got shipped i made a backup on my laptop threw iTunes.
    after it got shipped my laptop crashed unfortunantly.
    its of course Windows, and it keeps going in to Start up repair mode and cant get in to Windows 7.
    is there a way to go in to the hard drive and like take out the backup from the iphone and transfer that to my dads computer and then recover my brand new iphone :)?

please help me
    if anything isnt clear ill be glad to explain

kind Regards

2. UBALL07 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You could probably plug the hard drive into an external USB caddy and connect it to a working computer to seek out the backup files. What they are called and where exactly they are located are beyond me.

Google is your friend!

4. jman240 macrumors 6502a

They're all here
    C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Use the dates to figure out which is which...

Good luck

5. jman240 macrumors 6502a

iTunes should recognize them if they're moved

Easiest solution is to grab that Apple directory i mentioned and place it into a new user account on another computer.

Then copy over your My Music directory to the same new account on the other computer that way all your apps and music is there when it restores from backup..

in iTunes you will need to also authorize the account and new computer before the sync. Store -> Authorize this computer.

Try that, just don't delete anything off your old hard drive and you'll have that backup to try again if something goes awry with your new or temp setup.