IPhone battery capacity?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Giorga, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Giorga macrumors newbie

Today i checked my iphone 5s' battery capacity with ibackupbot and here's the result on the photo
    As i know most of the iphone's the fullcharge capacity is usually higher than design capacity, but in my iPhone's case it's not like that
    Anyone knows why? Does it mean that my iphone lost some of it's capacity?
    Or if you also checked this what's your results?

Attached Files:

2. Ken Kaniff macrumors regular

You have that backwards. Full charge capacity SHOULD be lower than design capacity. How would one charge the battery to more capacity than it was designed for?

Perhaps some apps have things worded differently, but by design the battery's factory capacity is a fixed number. The full charge capacity will change over time and as a result of other factors, temperature being one.

To answer your question- yes, it has lost some capacity and this is normal. Batteries are finite. They will degrade over time/with use.

edit- I will also say that yours looks like it's in great shape. Only lost 150 mAh capacity with 290 charge cycles.

3. Giorga thread starter macrumors newbie

Look here this is a photo from other post
    And here designcapacity is lower

Attached Files:

4. Ken Kaniff macrumors regular

The second screenshot you posted has it worded wrong. Regardless of what the word is, the 1500 number itself would represent the design capacity and maximum mAh the battery had from the factory, even if the word describing it was "Bananas" haha :)

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Occasionally this can happen - I've had my MacBook report as 105% battery capacity, though it's usually a fault in the software reporting it or the battery sending the wrong information.

It's not the norm.

6. Giorga thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay but check this out
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1799367

Is this also an exception? I mean are those also exceptions?

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You really have to look at your cycle count. The more cycles you put into your battery, your fullchargecapacity will depreciate overtime so it won't stay above designcapacity always. It's only when you buy the phone as a new device is when there will be more than the designcapacity.

----------

Like above post, your cycle count is 290. So having a full charge capacity at 1400 sounds about right. Now if your cycle count was 0 and is reporting that your fullchargecapacity is lower than the designcapacity then something is wrong.

8. Giorga thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay i got it
    thanks