iPhone Battery Draining this week

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by v2kea412, Jan 31, 2014.

1. v2kea412 macrumors member

Not sure if any others are experiencing battery drains over the past few days... My phone has regularly (and iPad as well) been showing the black screen w/ Apple logo multiple times over the past week... In the past 3 hours, I have sent 8 iMessages and the battery has gone from 98% to 46%... Not sure if something is going on...

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Not sure ?
    You clearly have a corrupted app on both devices that is causing reboot and an excessive battery drain.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Max(IT) is most likely correct and I'll add that folks have seen a problem with authentication where the iDevice tries to send credentials over and over and over (something like DropBox or e-mail server or whatever) that leads to poor battery life, a warm phone, etc. I can't connect that directly to a reboot other than if the looping is chewing up memory.

Reset the phone. If it comes back try to figure out which app and remove it / reinstall it. If you can't determine the app restore from a backup. If comes back restore as new and manually put your apps back on it. If it comes back you are going to need to figure out which app it is.