iPhone battery dropping 28% in 8 hours

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Samar7, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Samar7 macrumors member

I have a jailbroken iPhone4, when i go to bed.. ill charge it, i turn my laptop off when i go to sleep unplug my iPhone which is now at 100%.. i wake up and my iPhone is on 75% or less.. wtf? I don't have winterboard installed.

I have activator, bitesms, cyntact, emoji, five icon dock, iconclasm, fiveicondock, ifile, infinifolders, libdisplaystack, lib weather, make it mine, music controls, remove recents, retinawallpapers hd, sbsettings, snaptap, wifisync and 3g unrestrictor.

I am on 4.0.1, i tried to restore it using 4.0.1 firmware i downloaded and it says iPhone unable to restore due to firmware being for inappropriate build or something along those lines.

I went for a day out the other week, got 5hrs 30 mins useage with music playback and some internet browsing on 3g, few txts and calls, that can't be right can it?

Help pleaseee!

2. celticpride678

3. Samar7 thread starter macrumors member

4. celticpride678

Push notifications will drain battery life while the device is in sleep mode because of the persistent connection feature in iOS 4.

Try disabling it completely and see if that improves it.

5. Samar7 thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks mate, is there anyway to disable the permanent connection during sleep mode?

6. ignus graius macrumors regular

Haven't run any scientific tests on this, but I stopped using Activator (and those apps which require it) and have seen a substantial increase in my battery life.

Maybe something worth trying?

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

though push does have affect, this cannot be the cause of such rapid decrease.. there must be something wrong. id look into getting a replacement if this persists.

8. celticpride678

No, it's a feature in iOS4. However, disbaling push notifications, email fetch, and location services should "disable":eek: the persistent connection.

9. Samar7 thread starter macrumors member

Even if i do switch notifications off, what is the explanation for my battery draining rapidly during the day when i'm using my phone? I went out at 12pm one day, got back in the evening at around 10.30, got 5 and a half hours usage and it must have been on 5% when i was back.. and i didn't use wifi just 3g/edge.

10. bmms8 macrumors 68020

there is something wrong with your phone. either do a complete restore or take it to apple.

11. Samar7 thread starter macrumors member

im trying to restore it back to 4.0.1.. it won't let me though :S

12. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Your problem seems pretty extreme so I doubt this will work but it's easy enough to warrant giving a shot. When was the last time you did a full power cycle (e.g. holding down home and sleep button)? Whenever I notice rapid battery drain that usually fixes things (though I've never had battery drain as rapid as yours). Once I even noticed I lost about 5% in an hour, did a full power cycle and display was back to showing 100%.

13. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i had a similar problem and downgraded mobilesubstrate to 3209 and my problems went away.

14. celticpride678

Did you backup your SHSH blobs on 4.0.1?

15. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Can you do this without SSHing in to the phone? If so, can you let me know how? SSH is being a bitch or I'm just having issues. :(

16. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

well i do it by putting the file on the phone through ssh then using ifile to install it.

not sure if there's another way to get it on the phone.