iPhone Battery Impact

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pethead, Apr 25, 2015.

1. pethead macrumors newbie

Received a 38mm Sport yesterday. I've noticed a significant ding to the battery life on my 5S (which is only 6 weeks old).

Anyone else noticing the same?

2. ru7hl355 macrumors regular

Have you allowed some watch apps to use your location, I've noticed on my 6 the location based services icon pretty much always there since getting the watch, may be that.

3. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Don't think I noticed a decrease in my battery life, however, in Battery Usage, it says the Apple Watch is at the top with 22%. *shrug*

Attached Files:

4. pethead thread starter macrumors newbie

I may have found something that was impacting battery life..

I had 2 gmail accounts and a hotmail account address configured to on my iPhone and hence on my watch as well

I configured gmail to forward mail to my iCloud account and removed them from the iPhone (and watch). Battery life seems to be significantly better on the iPhone

5. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

That shouldn't be the cause, as your watch just displays notifications that your phone sends it, the watch isn't checking those accounts in addition to your phone doing so. The battery life you noticed is better because now your phone isn't checking for push email on 3 accounts.

6. pethead thread starter macrumors newbie

For sure logic dictates it shouldn't be a factor.....and maybe you're correct....and I've not tested this theory ... I have 2 factor authentication on the noted accounts....so wonder if that in conduction with the watch causes anything ???

Elsewhere I see that having the Watch Companion App running may very well be the culprit so I've made sure to force close it.