iPhone Battery Issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhoneuser94, Nov 2, 2010.

1. iPhoneuser94 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G, and I usually charge it every night to 100% heading into the next day.

I usually go on the Internet when I have free time at school(during passing periods), and listen to music(during advisory, while I'm working on something).

After the school day ends, the battery life is usually around 45-50%.

Is that normal?

BTW, I only go on a few apps(Facebook, Twitter, an ESPN app, and checking my email), and go on Safari a little bit.

Sometimes all I do is go on Facebook and Twitter to check what's going on, and my battery goes down around 5 percent.

I don't know why it's draining so fast. I have the brightness a bit less than half way, also.

Just wondering if this is normal and if it happens for other iPhone 3G users. Also, it would be great if you guys have any helpful tips.

2. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. josueg942 macrumors member

That isn't normal battery life at all... it should be around the 75%-85% range. I have the same issue as well with my iPhone 4. So I recommend you make a Genius appointment. Good luck!

4. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

What's a genius appointment?

5. BootromBob macrumors newbie

Two questions

1. How old is your iPhone?

2. Do you surf WiFi or 3G?

6. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

My friend bought the iPhone 3G 3-4 weeks ago, and a few days later he tried to jailbreak it, but it was a jailbreak gone wrong and it messed up the iPhone.

So I used DFU mode to "fix" it, and then restore it. It's about 3-4 weeks old-- great condition, 0 scratches on the back and looks brand new.

I do go on the internet on WiFi a lot-- usually on apps like Twitter/Facebook/Mail, and listen to music sometimes, too. I also go on the internet when I'm not at my house's WiFi, and I basically use it for the same purposes I would with WiFi-- going on apps like Facebook, twitter, Mail.

I don't go on Safari too much; I go on occasionally.

7. iPhoneuser94 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. b00ya macrumors member

I have an iPhone4 and my battery is even worse then that. I use it here and there at work and its down to 20% after half the day. Most days I have to fully charge it twice and sometimes even a 3rd time over night.

So friggin annoying. My 3 year old 1st gen iPhone has a better battery.