iPhone battery life and blue tooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by p4594spa, Jan 22, 2015.

1. p4594spa macrumors newbie

My iPhone battery seems to be very good when I am in a wifi environment. Over an 8 hour period it will drop from 100% to may 90%. Both my home and work environment are wifi, so all is good.

My issue is if I use blue tooth headphones, the battery starts dropping and the thing that is disturbing is that EVEN when I turn the headphones OFF AND kill the MUSIC app, it continues to drop. It is as if once you use bluetooth for music the bluetooth radio keeps transmitting!

Comments please?

2. noobinator macrumors 601

As long as you have blue tooth toggled to on, your battery will drop faster than when it is toggled off. It is still transmitting.

3. p4594spa thread starter macrumors newbie

Well then that is interesting, because I always keep Bluetooth on but only notice the drop AFTER I play music over Bluetooth

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I normally keep bluetooth on and I don't notice any difference in battery life compared to when it is turned off.

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Same here. I have not experienced any battery issues and I leave Bluetooth on all the time.

6. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

This. Having it turned on but not connected or being used to play music should have very little effect on battery life.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I have BTooth on all the time so it automatically connects to my LX for music, phone and Siri. It must go to sleep when not in use as there is little if any difference. :apple:

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I've never turned off wifi or Bluetooth. The battery lasts a couple of days either way. Never noticed a difference. If I had to turn it on or off all the time I would get a different phone. :cool:

9. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

My Bluetooth is in 24/7 I have a pebble always connected and I use Bluetooth headphones and a speaker. My battery life is awesome!

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

OP which BlueTooth headphones are you using? Which iOS version?

11. noobinator macrumors 601

Guess I'm in the minority here. I used to leave my BT on all the time and my battery life would suffer. This was a few iphones and iOSes ago so maybe it's improved.

I'll leave it on today and see if it affects my battery at all.