iPhone Battery Life Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AdamCohen13, Jul 16, 2011.

1. AdamCohen13 macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I have been having weird issues it seems with battery life on my iphone. I have about 2 hours and 48 minutes of usage and 13 hours and 11 minutes of standby time on my phone and my battery is at 59%. Shouldn't the battery be lasting longer than it currently is? I mainly use my phone for texting, except for the occasional CNN, Twitter, or Angry Birds app usage. I never close any apps from the multi-tasking tray except Pandora. Should I close them all out and will I get better battery life? Thanks guys.

2. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

13 hours standby and nearly 3 hours usage? You think that's bad?

I wish. The biggest pain in my life is charging the iP4 and MacBook Pro every day. I'm sure a lot of people don't get anything like you are getting on that phone. It's not great with battery at all, and as far as I know closing apps makes no difference. It's more a memory thing

3. AdamCohen13 thread starter macrumors member

I saw this and it made me worry: http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=293959&d=1310762918

4. AdamCohen13 thread starter macrumors member

Can anyone confirm whether or not my battery life is bad/could be improved by closing out all my apps?

5. Cmegamighty macrumors member

Reset network settings and delete all your mail accounts. Then add them back in. Then in mail, contacts, calendars settings go to FETCH NEW DATA: off (click that) PUSH: OFF Fetch: Manually.
    Go down more... then click ADVANCED: "EMAIL ACCOUNT(S): MANUAL

Then after that... go to mail app. sync the latest mail from all your emails. Look top left to see if the spinner is still loading... Then wait till it stops. Exit the mail app. Reload it. See if it loads more info again... but it should only be like a second for it to stop loading. then RESET NETWORK SETTINGS. then reboot phone. then go back to network settings and put ur wifi back.

Then Battery should be better, i hope. :p :p

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

Fetch new data set at the hourly setting.
    Notification to off.
    Location services on as i use 'find my iphone.'
    I use wifi when I'm at home or in an outlet with wifi services.
    Brightness to just below half.
    I use a dark wallpaper and have auto brightness to off.
    I don't use blue tooth at all.
    I don't tend to listen to music much.

I do play games and i surf heavily thro the day.
    I receive approx 50 e mails per day and text around 100 messages.
    I tend to make approx 20 mins of calls a day.

I was getting to the stage where I would panicky look at my open app's and start shutting them down. Ive now stopped looking at them so much.

I also turned on the battery % indicator and found myself watching it go down. Ive now turned that off and don't worry about it.

I tend to get 1.5 days usage before recharging.

Try not to get caught up in it, just enjoy the fone !

7. Vizin, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  8. jpg macrumors regular

My iPhone 4 battery has been getting a lot weaker over time. At the beginning it could hold a charge for almost 2 days but nowadays it doesn't make it through a day.

I bought a new battery over at iFixit and hope this will help. Could take some time though since I used standard international delivery... The replacement is pretty straight forward and the battery is pretty cheap. Has anybody else replaced their battery yet? My iPhone is now a little over 1 year old and I have used it heavily during that time..

(BTW I don't have warranty since I bought it unlocked in the UK)

9. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Really??