iPhone Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tylerhink, Feb 20, 2011.

1. tylerhink macrumors newbie

I just got the iPhone 4 for Verizon a few days ago and I am a little concerned with the battery life. I've turned off bluetooth, wifi, all notifications, I've set my email push to manual, my brightness is at 50% and I've turned off all apps except phone, texts, contacts, and settings.

My Battery is currently at 89%.
    45 Minutes of usage.
    1 hour and 45 minutes of standby.
    Calltime 15 minutes.

Is this normal? If not what can I do about it? Will Apple do anything?
    Thanks!

2. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Well, your usage is nearly 50% of your standby time. I don't think that's too bad, really. If every 10% of your battery gives you 45 minutes of usage, then you'll get 450 minutes (7 hours +). Pretty good if you ask me.

3. tylerhink thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I just wasn't sure because I saw a post where this guy was at 92% and he had it on standby for 5 hours and usage for nearly 2.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

A lot of it depends on what kind of usage. For instance if you are browsing with 3G, that will drain the battery more than doing the same thing with wifi. You could also be playing a game for two hours with both 3G and wifi off and your usage would also be different. If you have a game that uses the CPU more than another game....The point is, it is very difficult to compare usage with someone else, even if all the settings are the same.

5. luisadastwin macrumors regular

luisadastwin

Don't be :p my iPhone lasts for 12 hours at best in standby mode. If I use it for more than 2 hours, it totally drains out :p so, you're fine LOL

That's what happening after 1,5 years of intensive usage and now I have got 3 chargers: home, work and car :p

6. cjwang macrumors newbie

cjwang

The iPhone 4 battery is good enought, if you use it as a cell phone. If you use the iPhone 4 to surf, talk, text, play audio, and video, then you need an external battery.
    the MiLi Power spring 4 is a battery/case that will double your iPhone 4 battery life.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Don't fuss over your battery life; just use your phone. It's going to give you nothing but headaches if you do so.