iPhone battery meter LIES

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, May 7, 2010.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

My iPhone battery meter stayed at 100% for the entire day, and this is normal because I use my iPad more now for apps, rather than my phone.

It stayed at 100% so I kept the thing off of the charger while talking on it. All of sudden in the middle of me typing out a text message, the iPhone randomly shuts off and shows me a red battery with a lightning bolt. I had to plug it into the charger and wait for five minutes before the phone would turn back on. Bluetooth & Wi-Fi were on (and I was using the headset to converse with a business colleague)

I can't have this especially in the middle of a business call. Recently I haven't been getting any low battery warnings that are audible while I am on a call either. I relied on this before (prior to the 3.0 update I believe) to know when I should respectfully let someone go. The visual signal isn't enough because the phone is in my pocket.

But a visual warning is better than no warning. My phone shouldn't LIE about how much battery it has! I am so aggravated that this happened for the second time. I knew something had to be off when at around 4PM, my phone's battery still stated it was at 100%. I removed the iPhone from the charger at around 6:00AM this morning. It died at random at around 9:30PM. Looking in the about screen it said it had around 14 hours of standby since the last charge.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

This happens from time to time. Now you should know if it ever seems to be staying on 100% that it's stuck for some reason. All you need to do is reboot the phone and it'll start working right. It's just one of the many quirks of the iPhone.