iPhone Battery Percentage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xAnthony, Feb 24, 2011.

1. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I was just curious, how many of you guys use the battery percentage indicator on your iPhone? I use to use mine all the time but then after a while it started to get annoying watching the percentage trickle down while I'm using it. So I decided to turn it off.

What about you, do you use it or have you turned it off also?

2. CoolBradG macrumors regular

I personally find it to be very helpful and will never turn it off.

3. crovian macrumors regular

I use it but I do hate it when I see the % going down from internet, gaming, texting etc....i kinda get paranoid but i still use it because i like the simplicity of the neutraface battery % theme

4. xAnthony thread starter macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Yeah when I'm surfing the web or playing games and I see that battery percentage drop pretty quickly, I usually tend to stop what I'm doing to try and save the battery life. I get paranoid when I see it dropping too quickly. I always keep my RichardSolo 1800 with me so I can always charge up my phone when it's low. I find I use it more without the percentage that I do with it. I do agree it is helpful though when it's on.

5. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I use mine. Its helpful and IMO it looks better with it on than off

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I leave mine in he percentage mode but do not really worry about it. Do not know how long you have had your iPhone, but with time you will relax and not stare at your battery indicator.

7. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I didnt even know you could have it as a %. Thats quite cool.

As long the battery has not gone red, i dont really notice the battery level at all.

8. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Settings>general>usage>battery percentage.

9. snakelda macrumors 6502

10. EvoNiner1986 macrumors regular

Like others have mentioned here, I also tend to get kind of paranoid about the percentage dropping down, although I always leave my percentage on.

As more time passes and I have the phone more, it's becoming less of an issue for me. I try to just use and enjoy the phone as it was meant to be, and when the battery needs to be charged again I simply plug it in.

It's not really worth stressing over ;)

11. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I have mine turned off by default. I got sick of watching the number go down. Now I just use the phone like any other device and don't OCD over the battery.