iPhone Battery Problem.. or just me?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Altezza, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Altezza macrumors newbie

So I've noticed the battery life on my Verizon iPhone 4 really isn't all that good.
    Last night I charged it. It was done at around 12:00 but I left it charging until 1:00 AM. I used the phone for about 30 minutes or so and went to bed with the phone at 93%.

I wake up at around 10:00 AM and the battery is at 75%. Come on really? It went down 20% without me even using it?

What happened to 300 hours standby? Mine was on standby for what 10 - 12 hours and the battery drained almost 1/4. Meaning on standby it would only last me about 40-50 hours?

This is really irritating me. I hardly even use it. I took some pictures throughout the day today showing the battery life. I can post them upon request.

Thanks for reading.

2. Altezza thread starter macrumors newbie

Total BS if you ask me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Especially this one
    [​IMG]

3. Altezza thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Is your iPhone jailbroken? Maybe you installed a tweak draining the battery.
    If not, go into the apple store and explain them your problem. Maybe you'll get a refund or a new battery

5. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Have you recently installed the Google+ app?

I installed this last week and noticed my battery was draining in a similar way to what you describe. After removing Google+, the problem went away...

RTP.

6. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Nothings running in the background? How about your signal, did you have good service or is it thriving to get service? Like others have posted, I'd take it to the apple store with those photos and show them.

This is my screen and its definitely healthier.

[​IMG]

7. luked14 macrumors 6502

My iPhone 4's battery has been draining much quicker than it used to recently. I'm beginning to think that it's part of the aging of the phone. I've just paid more attention to closing out apps when I'm not using them.

8. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

How old is your phone?

9. luked14 macrumors 6502

It's a replacement refurb that I got back in September.