iPhone battery problem solution (worked for me)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nikoo_80, Apr 7, 2016.

1. nikoo_80 macrumors newbie

Hello.

I have an iPhone 6S, and from day one it worked more or less flawless. Then, after IOS 9.2 update my battery endurance was terrible. I had to charge my iPhone almost twice a day. Sometimes also the phone turned off, even if the battery was at 50%, 30%...

With the IOS 9.3 update, I was hoping that the battery issues will go away, but the problem was still there. So I was thinking to go to local Apple store, to claim the battery change (phone is now 6 months old). I was told, that Apple has very strict policy regarding battery replacement and that I will have hard time proving that the battery is fault.

So before Apple store visit, I tried one more thing - DFU restore, not common restore phone and with setting the phone as new, and not restoration from backup with IOS 9.3.1. Result? Whoah! :) Now my iPhone battery lasts for 25 - 30 hours, without any issues, with normal usage. Of course I had to set all the settings and download every app again, but it was worth it. My phone works as new! :)

Just wanted to share my solution to battery problem. So if someone else has also battery issues, maybe the DFU restore will fix it. For me it worked.

Best regards! :)

2. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sure this will help many members in this forum.
    :)