iPhone Battery Problem - Very Short Life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MACMAN2707, Feb 6, 2010.

1. MACMAN2707 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forums and I really need your help. I got my iPhone 3GS last July, and I have used it over the past 6 months. Now, the life span is very short. This is my problem: I charge the battery overnight in my dock so I can use it as an alarm, and when I wake up in the morning to go to school, I'm 15, I listen to the music on the bus ride, which is only about 10 minutes. When I get to school, the battery life is at 96 percent, which I find normal. I then put my phone on silent and press the top button to put it on standby/hold throughout the school day which is 8 hours. I do NOT touch it during the day. When, at the end of the day, I try to listen to music at the end of the day, it has 1% battery left, or it is already dead. What happened? This NEVER happened before, so why is it happening now?

Please try help me by telling me why this is happening.

P.S. I HAVE SWITCHED OFF DATA ROAMING, BRIGHTNESS IS AT A MINIMUM, AND ALL EXTRAS ARE TURNED OFF

THANK YOU SO MUCH, PLEASE TRY AND HELP ME!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What about other settings? Push? Wifi? That's just a few. List anything that could use up the battery, no matter how much you think it couldn't affect it. I'm thinking you have push on and are getting a bunch of emails during the day.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

An issue like this warrants a replacement phone. You haven't had it a year, so it is still under Warranty. I recommend calling Apple Care, your Provider, or visiting a local Apple Store, as the battery likely has issues.

TEG

4. MACMAN2707 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I will try that and if it doesn't work I'll definitely take it in to Apple