Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I got my iPhone 5 battery replaced today at the Apple Retail store. I walked in with about 49% and after they finished, I checked my phone and it still showed about 49%. I asked them how come the meter shows the same. They told me the new batteries don't come fully charged.

Is there any way to find out that they really replaced my battery?

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
If you left your phone there to get the replacement, it would obviously drain a bit since it's turned on, but I doubt they just left it there and charged it back up to 49%.

None of my apple devices came with the battery fully charged, the replacements didn't come with a full battery.

You'd have to notice it in how it runs. If it runs much better, last longer etc, then they changed it.
I highly doubt that they didn't. They probably did.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
Hahaha. IPhones and their batteries. Just carry a charger with you. Whether it is a new one or not, you'll be dead half way through the day.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
Let me guess... head of marketing for Samsung?
You wish. Unfortunately I'm another former iPhone user who got sick of the crap battery.

Here it is. Plugged in as usual.

My wife's problem now. And no, I don't like Samsung phones. There are many other options out there. My phone is a G2.

c4f495eb6a81d31b197de1fcabeb498b.jpg

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
You wish. Unfortunately I'm another former iPhone user who got sick of the crap battery.

Here it is. Plugged in as usual.

My wife's problem now. And no, I don't like Samsung phones. There are many other options out there. My phone is a G2.

As much as I love my iPhone 5S and feel like I am cheating on it to even look at something Android, I always wanted a Nexus 4 or 5!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I got my iPhone 5 battery replaced today at the Apple Retail store. I walked in with about 49% and after they finished, I checked my phone and it still showed about 49%. I asked them how come the meter shows the same. They told me the new batteries don't come fully charged.

Is there any way to find out that they really replaced my battery?

Download iBackupBot and check the number of cycles on the battery.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Did they provide documentation saying that they changed the battery?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.