iPhone Battery Replacement Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wilmer007, Mar 22, 2009.

1. wilmer007 macrumors member

I posted this in the iphone accessories section aswell so if it does not belong in one of these sections i'm sorry in advance for reposting but i just wanna make sure i got the right one.

I'm thinking about buying a battery replacement kit for my 2G and i just have some basic questions.

1) What is the part number for the stock battery and what is the stock mAh?

2) If i buy a battery that has higher mAH than the stock battery will that have any negative effects? I doubt it but just wanted to have a clean mind about this.

3) Am i correct in saying that if i buy a battery with higher mAh than the stock will my battery charge quicker?

4) Do all batteries come with overcharge protection or just some?

5) I know generic batteries are all mostly the same quality as the apple brand if not better but at a much cheaper price but are there any bad quality ones i should look out for?

6) Does the apple stock battery have overcharge protection and are the replacements by apple brand overcharge protected?

I'm just worried about overcharging my battery.

7) Are the batteries on eBay that claim to be Apple OEM genuine really the real thing or can you tell if they are fake?

8) If i buy a battery kit now to have as a "ready to go" or "in case my battery gets wet and need a new one" will the battery lose some life if it stays in the packaging or are batteries manufactured with the idea of best if used by *insert date*?

See i can't really tell if my battery is not properly holding it's charge or not as my numeric battery on the top right corner will say one percentage and then my lockscreen says a completely different percentage. I would say my battery maintains its charge at around 80% or higher but i just wanna have a spare ready to go incase i need to replace it right away.

This for your help in advance and sorry for the long post. :)

2. kicko macrumors 65816

3. CC424 macrumors regular

4. wilmer007 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i've seen those around on ebay alot but i found this one and it supposely the one that comes inside all new iPhones and it's only $7.55 but i don't know what i should do. I've seen batteries with higher mAh aswell as that's why i'm so confused as to what i should do. If getting a higher mAh will make any difference in charging time is something else to consider. Theres quite a few different options and it's not easy to pick

http://cgi.ebay.com/iPhone-2g-origi...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:15|39:1|240:1318

5. wilmer007 thread starter macrumors member

Would anyone like to help. Still waiting on my questions getting answered.