iPhone Battery Replacement outside the USA?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonefreak450, Aug 15, 2016.

1. iphonefreak450 macrumors regular

I have just a general question here.

If one purchases an iPhone outside the USA suppose in Europe, can the battery be replaced there or the phone MUST be shipped to the USA (or to China) in order for the battery to be replaced?

I am in Europe myself, and I searched around and there are many Authorized Apple service shops in my area. But my question is, I purchased my iPhone here in Europe, but does this mean if I take to my local Apple service shop here in Europe, will the shop ship my phone to the USA in order to have battery replaced?

And my next question is (sort of unrelated), how long do iPhone batteries last before the battery needs to be replaced?
    I am thinking that by the time the battery needs to be replaced, I will be buying my next phone.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Nope, it can be serviced by Apple or an authorised repair centre anywhere in the world. Doesn't have to be the country of purchase.

With regards to how long the battery will last until it needs to be replaced, that's impossible to say. Lithium technology is very flawed, so it can be completely dead with even the most intermittent usage. Best advice is: just use it as you normally would and don't worry. :)

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

That kind of makes it sound like batteries are overall very unpredictable and many don't do well, when it's petty much the opposite of that.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Yeah, poor phrasing on my part. I suppose I meant that there are loads of myths about how to extend a battery's life: draining, discharging, not leaving on charge, all this stuff -- when in reality it doesn't make a difference. If it's gonna fail, it's gonna fail, and they'll always deplete naturally over time anyway.

So best to use it without worrying. :)