iPhone battery replacement program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rk25123, Aug 28, 2010.

1. rk25123 macrumors regular

If I send my iPhone for the battery replacement program, will they send me back another refurbished one or mine?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

According to this page, you could get your phone back or a replacement.

3. rk25123 thread starter macrumors regular

Come on, no one has ever had his battery replaced by Apple?

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

I know no one who's PAID to have their battery replaced.

Let's face the obvious. Most people with battery problems get it replaced while the iPhone is under warranty.

Than the other people who still keep the iPhone long enough (Say 2 years) and if their battery gives out, they would usually be eligible for a full subsidy upgrade and just get another latest/greatest iPhone.

5. rk25123 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, but there must be some people who used the replacement program...
    And you didn't consider my case: I did get the latest, but I also have an iPhone 3G which is two years old and needs a new battery.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It can be either or. It all depends on what's available at the time and how you send your phone in, combined with luck of the draw.

There are some Apple stores/repair depots that are capable of taking apart phones and doing some service tasks "in-house." If they have parts on hand and staff working at that particular time that know how to do it, things like screen repairs and battery replacements will be done on site and you get back the same phone. If there aren't parts on hand, or no one's around to do the repair, or the store/service depot is too busy, or there's something more serious wrong with your phone, or the manager simply decides for whatever reason that it's easier to give you a replacement, then you'll get a refurb instead.

Bottom line: no one can tell you for sure, because either can happen.

7. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Sorry, rather than creating a new thread over this issue, has anyone experienced this battery replacement program on their 3G iPhone yet? I have an aging 3G that is out of warranty, bad battery life and dust under the screen. A refurb replacement would be awesome....!