iPhone Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daisuke07, Nov 1, 2008.

1. daisuke07 macrumors regular

When you send your iPhone in for a battery replacement, do they actually replace the battery or give you a new iPhone?

2. nima macrumors member

nima

new iphone

3. daisuke07 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, Nima. I'm glad I font have to pay $299 for a new iPhone 8 gig instead of waiting for my contract to expire to get it $199.

4. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

They send back the same model you had (Refurb). Unless they are out then you may get an upgrade. So your chances of sending in yout 8gig 2g and getting a 8gig 3g are slim very slim.

5. daisuke07 thread starter macrumors regular

sorry I thought I said I have the iPhone 3G 8 gig. But they're going to give me a refurbished one?!

6. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

More then likely, I'd take a refurb over a new phone any day. It's been tested and QC'd a couple times (in theory). If you don't mind me asking how the heck did you kill the battery in a 4 month old phone?
    Also why not try and hit a :apple: store? I know if my phone was that new i'd make the drive (within an hour or two).

7. daisuke07 thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't yet I just want to know for the future so I don't have to wait until the day comes and wait to ask all these questions.