iPhone battery replacement...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rrapoza, Aug 23, 2010.

1. rrapoza macrumors newbie

I just received my new battery for user replacement in the mail today. My battery keeps dying/ is not holding a charge which is why i ordered one. If I replace my battery will I lose all of my data/ content on my iPhone? or is there a way to do this without losing everything? My phone is already sitting in front of me already taken apart so as fast response would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!

2. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

You wont loose any data, its all stored on your phones systems memory.

Anyway I though you werent allowed to replace batteries, it voids the warrenty etc. How and where did you get a battery, what model do you have?

3. rrapoza thread starter macrumors newbie

My warranty was up months ago, its an iphone 3G... I ordered it from ebay. it was relatively easy taking the phone apart, the only thing is I'm afraid of erasing everything from it, and having to start from scratch...

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

you should always backup your iPhone before taking it apart. you could very easily damage your motherboard and then that could make your data un recoverable.