iPhone battery stats - Is this Normal? how do I calibrate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hamzab, Dec 26, 2010.

1. hamzab macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Brand New iPhone activated last night at around 1 in the morning. My stats are 7.5 hours use and just under a day standby. This has consisted of some 3G Internet browsing, about 30mins which I then turned off and switched on Wifi Which was used with mixture of browsing (although a fair hour was viewing online videos through BBC iplayer etc), YouTube, Facebook and downloading about 15 Apps as it's brand new. I also had Push on for my mobile me accounts and brightness was around 75% however about 2 hours ago I switched it too 50%.

Are these stats normal? I reckon this was about the same as my 3GS so I expected some improvement.

Or do you guys think it's early days and I need to Calibrate? Does battery life normally improve after some use? I always thought battery life was greatest at the start and then diminished but hey, I'm just a student!

Thanks all!

2. Max. macrumors member

Max.

I'd say this is fair, particularly YouTube and Downloading Apps suck the juice out of this thing.

3. SL4VE macrumors 6502

it fluctuates tbh and also gets better after a few charges but not a lot. 7H+ batt use is fair/good imo

4. diegoesk macrumors regular

thats damn good OP.

i ususally get the stats you get when I have my service turned on Edge. Otherwise, 3g eats my phone alive and I get about 5hrs usage on 3g. And about 6-7hours on edge.

Mind you this is on a single charge. I'm satisfied...

5. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502

I agree with the others. Especially since it's new you're probably playing around with it a lot, plus that high of a screen brightness and using videos drains it down pretty good. Best thing though, if you have wifi available and can throw it on edge definitely do so. The battery life is substantially better when doing data things with that set up vs. using 3G.