iPhone SE iPhone battery using third party apps vs Apple apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fozamo, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Fozamo macrumors member

Anyone noticed that battery duration depends on how many Apple apps you use?
    I was a heavy Whatsapp, Google Maps and Spotify user and my iPhone battery used to die around 5 pm, but a month ago moved to the US and switched to iMessage and Apple Maps using the same functions of those apps and now my battery finishes day with 40%.
    Same with Spotify and Apple Music. Anyone knows why this happen? Is this normal?

Excuse my bad english, I'm foreign student.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Cellular reception could have a lot to do with it. If you signal is better you will save lots of power.

3. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

This
    Also depends on how these apps are developed.

4. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

Apple’s own apps could be better optimised for power savings. I also wonder just how much of it is because Apple supposedly doesn’t collect as much data, so there is less going on in the background.

5. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

Or it could be that Facebook and Google were shoveling so much of your data out the backdoor your battery couldn’t keep up. I seem to have read that Spotify had some issues but honestly don’t remember what they were related to since I don’t use it.

6. taoisawesome macrumors member

generally, it wont be a problem. iOS platform has the strickest construction and API. Developers have to follow the rules
    Way better than Android, at least!