iPhone Battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stuff99, Oct 4, 2007.

1. stuff99 macrumors 6502

Hi guys

I was wondering how much battery life do u guys get? Do you have to condition the battery out of the box?

2. overcast macrumors 6502a

6 hours usable, 2 days 17+ hours standby. Nope, just use it.

3. climber25 macrumors newbie

I listen to the iPod for about 1 1/2 hours per day and make about 15 min of calls per day with a few web searches, mail, etc. I usually get 2 1/2 to 3 days between charges.

4. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

under "time since last full charge"
    and usage

does that mean just the calls made since the last charge? or just overall phone usage in general?

5. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

it means overall usage. The statistics that are constantly climbing are either Usage or Standby. We should have a contest with 3 winners:
    who can get the most usage time(presumably with audio playback)
    who can get the most standby time(nobody calls you for several days?)
    who can get the highest combined total with at least X hours of usage.

6. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

it won't be me winning any contests. my battery has been losing power very quickly lately and i'm not sure what is wrong.

7. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

same...especially when i surf the net....

so the phone doesnt seem to record how long the phone call is...is there a way to turn it on?

8. NemoMac macrumors member

I have noticed that my battery runs out a whole lot faster ever since I upgraded to 1.1.1. I don't know if it's checking email more often (I have it set to check every hour) or something like that, but I may try playing with some settings to test that theory.

9. infosprt macrumors regular

My battery lasts from 3.5 to 4 hours (power on time). Almost all of it is spent on the Internet. I have noticed that the battery life is less with the latest update. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence.

10. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I used to get really good battery life, evening with moderate use. However, since the 1.1.1 update battery life has been horrible. So much so, that I'm taking it in tomorrow.

11. 24leghorns macrumors newbie

My battery life never seemed to be very good, but it also seemed to get even worse after the 1.1.1 upgrade. I could fully charge the battery overnight, carry the phone with me during the day (mostly on standby, perhaps one or two phone calls, no internet usage) and by mid-afternoon it would start warning me that the battery was almost drained. I called Apple about the problem but they claimed it was not a known issue. I ended up sending in my phone anyway to get repaired (last week) and haven't received it back yet. I'd be curious to know if others are seeing major battery issues since upgrading to 1.1.1.

12. danny_w macrumors 601

I am still using 1.02 and my battery life is pretty good (2-3 days) if I don't listen to music or do heavy calling. But if I take it off the charger in the morning and listen to music (doing nothing else), the battery runs out at 5 hours or so (nowhere near the claimed 24 hours). I have ordered a rufurb shuffle to listen to instead.

13. True Tao macrumors member

For those who have problems with the battery performence after 1.1 try to do a restore. My battery was great before the update but after it would drain in like a day so I did a restore and it did the trick......last stats were about 3.5 hours of use and 7 days standby (yeah didn't use it much I know)

14. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

7 days standby is pretty ridiculous. impressive.

15. philhyde macrumors member

What do you mean? Restore to 1.0.2?

16. artemka macrumors member

I guess he meant restore is when u connect to iTunes u got 2 options, update and restore. To go to 1.0.2 prob called Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2

I wonna do a restore cuz i think my batter not working properly, Im using iphone on lowest lowest brightness and my battery lasts for about 4.5 hrs specifically surfing the web and 16 hrs of standby. Do u guys think it's good usage? (minimum brightness mentioned)

17. artemka macrumors member

I just called the AppleCare and told them about my battery (I thought it was draining too fast) that I get only 4.5 hours of usage only surfing the web and brightness set to the lowest possible. And this guys said that this is normal for iphone. Does any of you web surfer guys getting same or more usage of ur battery? I think it draines fast. Don’t know.