iPhone battery??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EMILinator, Oct 3, 2009.

1. EMILinator macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    So 10 weeks ago, the United States Army confiscated my iPhone 3GS as I entered reception in preparation for basic combat training, and I haven't been able to see or touch it since then, and neither will I get to for another 6 weeks, as I have advanced individual training next.

How ****ed is my battery? :confused: :( :confused: :(

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you switched it off it'll be fine. A full charge will bring everything back to normal. If you left it on then it'll take a while to start charging but will be fine.

On a side note have you had your contract suspended?

3. EMILinator thread starter macrumors member

Well, i didn't turn it off when they took it. I forgot to. But i'm sure it trickled down to a dead battery.

So i should just fully charge it when i finally get it back? I hope the battery still lasts long. :(

No, I have 9 weeks of basic training, which i just graduated yesterday, and i have a family day weekend until sunday, then i got another 6 weeks of job training. :)

4. firedogut macrumors regular

if the battery is screwed just get a new one from apple. you are within the 1st year

5. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

You can't have a cellphone, but you can use a computer? I wasn't aware that that was allowed. How so?

(no, I'm not being sarcastic)

6. EMILinator thread starter macrumors member

Well, my iPhone is locked up in our troop supply room, and we're not allowed to use them during our weekend out, but my dad brought my MacBook with him, so I'm sitting here using it in the hotel room.

Let me rephrase my question, after 10 weeks of not charging the iPhone, how messed up do you think the battery will be when i DO charge it?

7. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

Your battery should be fine. Just charge it up and you should be golden.

On a side note. Sometime in your career ask to take the DLAB, the Defense Language Aptitude Battery. It's the stupidest, toughest and most confusing test you'll ever take, in fact you'll want to hit the person that wrote it. But if you do well on it you maybe eligible to attend the Defense Language Institute in California and it'll open many doors for you.

Congrats on graduating BCT and good luck at AIT.

8. EMILinator thread starter macrumors member

hey thanks, that's what i want to hear, especially since it's not a cheap investment.. i definitely miss it and i can't wait to get my hands on it again!

and again thanks, with BCT outta the way and 6 more weeks for AIT, i'll definitely give it my best.

hmmm i'll ask around about the DLAB, sounds interesting. :)