iPhone BIG problems!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dalvin200, Oct 25, 2007.

1. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

OK..

I successfully upgraded my unlocked 1.02 iphone to 1.1.1 yesterday evening.. using the instructions over at modmyiphone.com

today i installed an incorrect version of AppSupport to sort out the UK SMS thing (great plan that turned out to be </sarcasm>), and my iPhone was stuck on the Apple logo screen.. wouldn't reboot etc..

PANIC!!!

I managed to do a restore in iTunes and I opened independence which says I have 1.1.1 software on my iphone but its not activiated and is jailed etc..

it also said that I need to downgrade my phone to 1.02 and take it from there..

how do i do this please?

I tried to cyberduck to my iphone but no luck on that either ;(
    when i turn the ihpne on at the mo, its just on the NOT ACTIVATED screen asking me to connect to iTunes (which i'm obviously not going to yet)

i am desperately trying to get this sorted ASAP, as I am panicking now!!

Thanks

2. jbellny macrumors newbie

iFuntastic is the best bet and by far the easiest. Did a downgrade of 1.1.1 to 1.02 and then back to an 'unjailed' 1.1.1 and it was flawless.

http://www.iphonealley.com/ifuntast...lbreaks-iphone-v1-1-1-rocks-my-socks?download

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

look in the iNdependence help for instructions on how to reactivate. I had a similar problem and iNdependence helped me get it right. It was all in the help file.

4. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

i didnt see the stuff in the help ..

downgrading to 1.02 now..

uffff...

5. iPhonefriendly macrumors newbie

Me neither - it took me ages to find the answers. Hope you've been able to downgrade okay. And I now know where to put my Orange Edge settings but I have no idea what details I enter for APN, username and password. I think you said in another post that you had entered your EDGE settings - can you tell me what they are please?

Cheers.

6. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

i hope you've only been jailbreaking and activating. if you unlocked (used iphonesimfree, iunlock, anysim, or a similar product to replace the baseband with one that allows non-iphone SIMs), then you need to do some serious backtracking before you move to 1.1.1 again, or you'll end up with a brick.

7. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

All sorted!

right.. Thanks to independence I'm now running 1.1.1 again :)
    iFuntastic wouldn't work for me..

Yesterday i used the midmyiphone instructions which reverted revueginized tge phone back (using all those unix commands) and i upgraded no problem.

But i wanted to fix some of the quirks. And today i fixed them good & proper..i thougt i bricked it :(

Independence didn't work correctly the first time round so I tried iFujtastic which said it worked but in fact did nothing!

So I sat and prayed for a bit and then re-tried independence again.

It worked and I also fixed the quirks too :)

So here I am sitting in bed tying this from my iPhone so forgive any typos ;)

Uff.. I'm not gonna mess around again!

8. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

check the FAQ on modmyiphone.com for the carrier apn settings.
    im on t-mob not orange..
    you can even call orange you know and they'll tell you :)

EDIT:

apn: orangeinternet
    username: user
    password: pass
    the above is for pay monthly..
    if you're payg change the username & password to both be "wap" (without quotes)

Hth

9. bard108 macrumors newbie

i had a similar problem but with less of a panic because i know how to downgrade... but....

Why wont the appsupport work? i've done it three times with three versions and they've all bricked it. Any idea why? or any other sollutions to fixing the +44 on recieving a text... any ideas.. please!

10. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

AppSupport works fine for me now :)
    you using the correct version (for 1.1.1)?
    I installed the -10 file by the way..

11. bard108 macrumors newbie

Yeah it was the 1.1.1 version. tried -7 -8 and -9 and all did the same. I d/l it from a cache of the dev wiki but i am still worried about trying again.

What did you do differently after the first crash?

12. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

i actually installed the version I had when I unlocked my iphone when it was on 1.02.. i didnt know the file would be different until after it crashed i found there were different versions D'OH!!

after getting it up to 1.1.1 the second time round, i just copied the 1.1.1 version of AppSupport-10 file (unzipped of course) over the original 1.1.1 file in the relevant folder.

Powered the phone off, turned it back on and prayed it didn't get locked on the grey Apple logo screen.

Luckily i was good to go :)

Go on.. give it another try.. you know you want to ;)

13. bard108 macrumors newbie

I DO, I DO.

But i'm scared!

I'll do it now...

14. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

You'll be fine..
    just power off and on first..
    then ssh the file over.. (take a backup of the original first too)..
    power off and then on..

tick tock..

how's it go then?

15. bard108 macrumors newbie

Just updatining to 1.1.1 now... hang on... your in the UK why are you using -10?

16. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

dunno.. someone else tried it and it worked, so i followed suit ..
    all messages i've had so far show the correct name anyway and not a number (unless it's someone not in my address book)

17. bard108 macrumors newbie

18. bard108 macrumors newbie

YEAH - I did -10... almost pooped myself. but it works!!!!

Thanks soooo much

19. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

EXCELLENT :cool:

20. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I have tried THREE times to add international support (ie, so that when I dial a number it has a UK format) to my iPhone.

AND EVERY TIME it has ended up as an iPod - and I had to restore back to 1.0.2 and back up to 1.1.1!

I NEVER want to mess with those pList files again!

As for the txt message issue I just added a second number to each contact with +44 in it so now names come up when I get txts which is fine.

For the record the first two times I used windows to change the file and restore it and the third time I used Independence on my NEW macbook.

The manual method took me 2 days I had so many problems but eventually everything worked INCLUDING Installer... perfectly.

For some reason Independence did something that makes Installer NOT work properly (it won't refresh or install apps correctly) and so I am without Installer.

I'm sorta in the middle in so far as how I feel because on the one hand I was going crazy spending days using the manual windows hacks (this was before the automated apps came out) but Installer worked. And now it took me an hour but Installer doesn't work - but everything else is fine. To be fair I can live without installer its just annoying that something always seems to go wrong! lol

BUT some advice - for every person that messes with the international settings that gets it to work I am sure another person bricks their iphone.

I would wait for the UK version firmware to come out with all the local settings and then maybe we can JB/activate that as well!

As for your little hack to sort out the txt numbers I am glad it worked - just take my advice don't mess with the phone anymore!

21. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

After the scare I had, I don't think I'll be messing until the next update has been successfully hacked :D