iPhone bill too high?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismac00, Mar 26, 2008.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I expected my first iPhone bill to be a bit high but not a lot. It came out to $150!!! Is this normal??

I have the lowest calling plan available(39.99) and the higest data plan(40.00). That would equal to about $80 and I know there is tax and an activation fee of $35. It would be about $115.00 without tax and I don't think tax is $35! Should I call AT&T??

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The lowest calling plan is: 59.99

Your unlimited data + unlimited text: $40

Activation: $36

Taxes: Remaining Amount

Your surprise: Priceless

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It is ony $40 with the extra text messages. Your first bill is the previous month and next month, then each subsequent month you will pay for the next month, along with any extra charges from the previous month.

$59.99 - Minimum iPhone Plan. (Prorated from the date you activated.)
    $35 - Activation
    $59.99 - Next Month

$154.98
    + Taxes

TEG

4. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I dont think you get it. The lowest calling plan for any phone is $40. Then you add the $20 iPhone data plan. Then the unlimited texting plan. Thats $80, plus activation which is $35 which totals up to $115. If I were talking about iPhone plans only, it would be $60 for the plan which already includes the data.

5. RyanG macrumors 6502

Breakdown of the bill should give you a clear idea of the charges. When in doubt, just call AT&T.

6. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Read your bill, they brake it down.
    If your paperless, click on Bill Details and read it online.

7. DuRui macrumors member

He might be on to something though...I'm using my iPhone with a prepaid card here in China...used to run at least a month or so on 100RMB ...now I'm spending about 100 RMB in 1,5 weeks...and my usage hasn't changed...not using it to surf the net unless there is Wifi (all over the city here ..practicly) just SMS and calls..

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Have the Bill...

sent to your address for at least 6 months and when you feel comfortable with it, then go paperless. This way you have a hard copy to go over it with a representative after you've highlighted the "questionable" charges. :cool:

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Perfectly normal for the first month. Mine was about the same which includes activation and the first and second month.

The only way you won't have a big first bill is if you were able to sign up on the pick a plan iPhone plan.