iPhone Blue Tooth Head Set

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TomKease, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TomKease macrumors member

hi there...

Im not sure if im in the right forum....

but...

I was looking for a blue tooth stereo headset for my iPhone.

Meaning in wanna stream my music from the iPhone to a headset. Now i have talked an ATT rep and he says that iPhones don't support the headsest. And i talked to an APPLE rep and he says they do, but the APPLE STORE in my area doesnt sell them. I'm very confused.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever used one for am iPhone.

If you have can you please include a pic or example of one so i can quickly go out and buy one.

I love all of you in advance!!!!

Tom K.

2. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

Sorry. There is no stereo Bluetooth on the iPhone. A Bluetooth headset won't work with music.

3. TomKease thread starter macrumors member

Awesome...

Thanks....

Ill be looking to make an investment soon!!!

4. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Yeah, you've got to use a transmitter.

I use this transmitter:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bluetoot...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233002969&sr=8-1

with this headset:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MOTO...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233003160&sr=1-13

Audio quality isn't great, but its fine for voice podcasts or very casual music listening. It not good when you want high quality audio, though I think that goes for bluetooth in general.

This setup works well for me except that the audio cuts out sometimes when (1) I'm outside and (2) the iPhone+transmitter are in my pocket. I don't know whether to blame the headset, because the receiver is on the back, where it is behind my head, the transmitter because it is weak, my head because it is too massive. I cam minimize this by putting the phone in my shirt breast pocket but it still has occasional hiccups.

5. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

Yes it does. Go update your iPhone.

EDITE: Only works when I'm on a call...nevermind.

6. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

You could also get the combo Amazzon has with the Moto headphones and the Moto OEM Bluetooth adapter for iPod and uncheck the memory card. It is one of those recommended packages you can save money on right below the product images.

7. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

If you are willing to spend a little extra for long lasting and quality ones (In my opinion) I would go with these: http://www.iskin.com/ceruleanf1tx/. I was looking at these for a while, but they don't really fit my budget.

8. selena12321, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014

selena12321 macrumors member

I have bought mine motorola bluetooth headset from blueunplugged.com which is compatible with all the mobile phone and apple iphone.

9. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

LOL. Nice try. I know the info.

10. MiKeiPhone macrumors newbie

for motorbike

Don't know if correct here,

but anyone know if the bluetooth of the helmet of the motorbike will work for the iphone?! I'm thinking of buying a helmet with the incorporated bluetooth system, but i don't know if it works, and the person in the shop could not help...
    i tried but i couldnt... any suggested helmet?
    Thanks,

Mike