iphone bluetooth 2 devices at once?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dread, Oct 7, 2009.

1. dread macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to have the iphone paired with two bluetooth devices at the same time. I have bluetooth in my car for calls, but the device I have won't allow music to play over bluetooth so I have to take my phone out and plug it into the headphone adapter. I would like to get a bluetooth headphone adapter to transmit music to my stereo while still using the bluetooth system that is in my car to control the phone through voice control. Is this possible?

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

You can pair multiples device, you can only use one at a time.

3. dread thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gave you tried using more than 1 at a time? I read that blackberries can pair with multiple devices at the same time.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Your right; BB can pair multiple devices, but not the iPhone....:(

5. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

I also found this out the hard way. I tried using the iPhone with my Garmin Zumo 550 and Cardo Scala Rider headset on my motorcycle to no avail. Come on Apple...this is almost 2010.

6. bchertov macrumors newbie

bchertov

Jeez, it must be in the air... I was just trying to do the same thing. Car/Home - exactly! And I found this thread. Thanks for the news, I suppose... :rolleyes:

7. Sparkletoes macrumors newbie

I use the Zumo 550 and iPhone and a Bluetooth headset. You must pair your iPhone to the Zumo and then in the Zumo Bluetooth setup add a headset. This will pair your Scala to the Zumo. It all works. You don't need the iPhone to pair twice. The Garmin pairs both phone (and syncs your contacts) and spits out the calls to the Scala. Hope this helps you. Safe riding!

8. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Hmmm, you learn something new every day. I'll give it a shot when I get home from work, thanks. What do you ride?

9. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

What about that new commercial that shows three iPod Touch playing the same game together? I know they were Touches but I assumed the phone could do that too if the Touches can.

Or is that different, that three iPhones can pair up with each other but not with other devices at the same time?

Mike

10. Sparkletoes macrumors newbie

Honda CBF1000 ABS in silver. With Zumo (for music & GPS), Bike to Bike Radio, and phone, all bike powered (except the phone) through a comms hub. Or mostly without any of it switched on, and just the sound of the bike and the wind.

Hope your thing works tonight. The Zumo's not got the best BT protocol and you may need a couple of pairings for it to see the Scala headset. But my iPhone paired 1st time, and always has since.