iPhone: Bluetooth earpiece to stream music?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TechWhore, Jun 19, 2010.

1. TechWhore macrumors regular

Does anyone know of a Bluetooth earpiece that will allow me to stream music using an iPhone? I have an iPhone 3gs & will be upgrading to 4 on the 24th. I own a pair of motorola S9-HD's that I love to stream my music too, but my office just put forth a no headphone policy, but Bluetooth earpieces ok.

2. Timechaser macrumors member

I picked up the new Sound ID 510 at AT&T a few weeks ago for $129 and so far I am loving it.

I bet that I have tried a half a dozen or more bluetoothes that didn't work out for me as well as the headphones that came with the iPhone.

But these by Sound ID are keepers for sure, they are quite comfortable, have a long battery life and the sound quality is very good for me and the person I am talking to.

This device will also stream music from my iPhone and my iPad, now for just one tiny speaker I must say the sound is better than I had expected - not flat or dull but a full and rather rich sound.

There is even a free iPhone app that allows you to customize the sound, check the battery level and locate the device if you happen to miss place it.

I am going to be getting my husband one of these for Fathers Day.

With AT&T in store return policy you can try these out for 30 days to see if the will be right for you, the price may seem high for some folks but I think they are worth the every penny.

Here is a link - http://www.soundid.com/sid510/overview.html

3. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

The Jawbone Icon streams music (you can add the feature through their website).

Note, it worked terribly on 3.1.3 as the A2DP connection had no volume control and the sound was ridiculously low. Running iOS4 is works fantastic.

4. TechWhore thread starter macrumors regular

So do all of the volume buttons etc work. Does the activation button work with voice control?

5. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I use the blueant q1....it's the best bluetooth headset I've ever owned.

You can stream music to it (doesn't sound the best, only having sound in one ear though) stream GPS instructions, watch youtube videos and movies!

It's amazing!

I think it retails now for around $130.00 or so.

When you decide what ear piece you are going to go with, let us know!

6. TechWhore thread starter macrumors regular

Do the volume buttons on the blueant q1 work for the volume of the sound, and is there a way to pause the music from the blueant?