iPhone Bluetooth Headphones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chris Rogers, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Hey, I'm looking for bluetooth headphones(must be bluetooth, my audio port is jacked up) that people here have used and enjoy (under $75). I prefer the earbud style as opposed to headphones.

Also, if it matters, I would like to be able to control the ipod functions as well as use for phone calls.

I've seen a bunch on amazon and apple.com but the opinions don't mean as much to me as the Macrumors community :p

thanks guys

2. kgapp macrumors member

You should check out the Jabra Halo stereo bluetooth headphones. Normally $129 but currently on sale at Best Buy for $99.

They sound good and are extremly comfortable to wear. You can pause/play the music and answer the phone directly from the headset. I have owned a couple of different bluetooth headphones and these are by far and away the best pair I have used.

The only complaint I have is that the volume control can be a little difficult to use at times. Otherwise a great product. Check them out.

3. Chris Rogers thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

eh, those are really nice, but I prefer in ear instead of headphones.

But maybe I won't rule them completely out, since they're pretty nice looking. How is the fit?

4. kgapp macrumors member

They fit great for most uses. Very comfortable. However, I don't think they would be an ideal solution for running or any type of extreme sports.

The problem with most of the bluetooth earbuds that I have seen is that the they are massive in order to contain the necessary electronics/batteries etc. At that point they almost aren't really earbuds in my opinion.

Good luck with the search.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Check out Jaybirds. Tested their newest version at CES - best BT to my ears.

6. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

these seem to be highly rated for sweat proof and comfort but the reviews are saying that u need to place on right arm where receiver is or u will drop connection. SO left arm or down by waste u might have signal issues ...

back to the drawing board for me ... i had the Motorola s9 and would keep my phone on the floor while hitting the punching bag with no connection issues....