iPhone Bluetooth Headset Static- fixed yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by snake101st, Sep 6, 2008.

1. snake101st macrumors regular

So I FINALLY got my iphone off of ebay for a decent price, after getting scammed several times.

The guy was nice enough to throw in all his accessories, most of which he never used. So I got the apple iphone bluetooth headset and the dock and all that stuff, and it actually worked amazingly well the first day. Everything is in perfect condition, I updated it to 2.0.2 and pwned it with the newest winpwn.

Anyways, it worked fine the first day, as I said. Now whenever I turn it on, I can hear static even on the beeps from the headset's own functions. When I'm in calls with it, there is reeeally bad static and I can barely hear the person at all, and they say they cant hear me. It still shows the battery meter on the top right and everything.

I searched on the net and it seems like alot of people have had the same problem... I tried all the fixes I could find, restart the iphone, airplane mode on and off, repair, etc. No dice.

Im just wondering, is there a way to fix this without going to the apple store or trading it in? This is just annoying, Id like to be able to use this while typing or driving.

Thanks, I appreciate any help.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

i have it with my stereo bluetooth headset+ bluetooth transmitter

3. snake101st thread starter macrumors regular

Hm, Id rather not buy a bluetooth adapter, since its built in to the phone. Do you think I should try pairing my headset that came with a game for PS3? I hope its not the iphones bluetooth that's messed up.

No one else knows how to fix the static on the apple bluetooth headset?

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

There's nothing wrong with the bluetooth of the phone itself. I've read the reviews about the static of Apple's BT headset. I think it's the headset itself that's bad, and I don't see how it could be fixed.

5. snake101st thread starter macrumors regular

Hm, guess Im just pushing my luck by expecting it to just magically fix itself... I read that the Apple Store/apple care is pretty good about it, and usually just exchange it right away. I guess when I go to get my MBP (when the new ones come out... if ever, Ive been waiting since May!) I'll bring this with me.

Thanks anyways, if anyone has any magic tips, feel free to jump in. :p

6. RF1 macrumors newbie

I am experiencing the exact same troubles, and like you, have been searching for a way to remedy this annoyance. I purchased the headset from eBay, brand new, in box, never opened. I have been eagerly anticipating the headset's arrival, only to find out that it's a useless.

Will an Apple store replace this item even though I didnt purchase it in store?

7. selena12321 macrumors member

I do have same problem with transmitter and still I am tackling. But If you r not satisfied with store then why do u go there. It cann't be always prrove "cheap is best. U should go there and make complain.
    mobile phones

8. stiphone macrumors regular

I would think that Apple would exchange a new serviceable headset for you if you bring it in. I'm also planning to buy a Apple bluetooth headset but have read several disappointing reviews. Still considering though.

9. RF1 macrumors newbie

I took the malfunctioned headset to the Apple store today and had it replaced. I simply walked in, asked the concierge for the correct person to speak with, which was another person near the genius bar. After explaining that the headset was useless, they grabbed a brand new headset right off the wall!

Real easy, no questions or hoops to jump through at all. Very nice!

10. sromine macrumors newbie

Apple bluetooth headset with Iphone static problems

Previously I was using my Nokia bluetooth headset with my Iphone, which has great sound quality, but when someone calls and I tap the button to answer, there is always a ring tone after I answer, which confuses my customers, so I decided to go ahead and purchase the iphone headset made specifically for it.

The problem is there is sooo much static and callers can hardly hear me.

I use this phone for business, this makes it unusable. Is my only solution to return it? I don't see any real answers in the forum.

Thanks for any help-Sharon