iPhone Bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blasius, Aug 25, 2007.

1. blasius macrumors newbie

blasius

does anyone have an apple bluetooth headset?? if so is it worth it?
    thanks chris

2. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

3. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

hah...that's hardly a ringing endorsement though.

4. kennyboy3 macrumors newbie

5. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

As was intended.

It is beautiful.
    The experience is seamless with the iPhone.

But it does have too much static. Not enough to be unusable, but it forces me to grade it a C overall. It's just average.

6. blasius thread starter macrumors newbie

blasius

7. Lionheart macrumors regular

Lionheart

Do yourself a favor and buy a Jawbone. I've read a ton of user comments about both, and the Jawbone wins hands down. I have one, and it's pretty amazing. I can wear it for hours and forget it's on, talk in really noisy environments, where I can't even hear my caller, yet they can hear me just fine.

Do a search on YouTube and watch the video demos...it was a no-brainer for me.

Cheers!

8. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

i second the Jawbone. the apple one is terrible.

also, there is another headset making some buzz now, the Blueant Z9. it's more comfy than the Jawbone, but outgoing sound quality is muffled sounding, and noise cancellation is laughable compared to the Jawbone.

9. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

The apple one isn't that terrible at all. the only thing I will say I don't like is the fit, they should come out with some sort of gel thing to make it fit better. But you need to also remember, for $130 you are also getting a dual dock and travel charger. Which is nice, I try to limit the clutter on my desk so it has one dock, with both iPhone and headset plugged in. I don't think the sound quality is as bad as everyone says, but could be a lot better. The Jawbone (I own both) is better in the sense of canceling noise and is a little bit more bulky than I would like. Its really a matter of personal opinion and what you're looking for over all.

10. hexagon macrumors member

With the iPhone BT headset, people said I sounded like I was using a speaker phone. They had no such complaints when I used the Jawbone or the Bang & Olufsen.

11. pcuser2 macrumors member

Well I don't like the iPhone Bluetooth headset ,one of my friends had some unpleasant experience with it . I use the Gomadic Wireless Bluetooth Headset ,frankly speaking I am not familiar with this brand but ,it is said that this headset is one of the best one on the market .So I searched on line and find a deal for it :
    http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=59210
    It has some key features :
    Fast Automatic volume adjustment in a noisy environment; Digital noise reduction .
    Digital echo cancellation using Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Technology .
    Redial with one touch; Flexible ear hook for either right or Left ear .
    Talk Time: 12 hrs; Stand by Time: 300 hrs; Range: 10 meters; Bluetooth 1.2/1.1 compatible.
    Well at least so far so good . If you are in need of a headset ,you can take this into your consideration. Hope this helps.

12. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I just got a brand new sealed one on eBay for $100 shipped... I'll let you know how it is when it arrives :D

13. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I had this headset and it was decent at best, but surely no where near worth the $130 price tag they charge.

not even close.

14. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

I got one the day it came out and returned it 2 days later. The fit(for me) and design were top notch but the static was the deal breaker. If the phone was in my pocket and not on the same side of the headset it was static city. My old Logitech headset has range of at least 15 feet where the apple seemed to die around 5-7 ft. I am hoping they fix the issues someday so I can give it another go around.

15. beate macrumors regular

Funny...the difference in experience.

I had the Apple - no static, clear sound but it didn't fit my ears.

Then tried the B&O - quite pricy but really nice. Wonderful, adjustable fit and nice features. Others thought I sounded great.
    Weird but mine had static. Horrible static. Must have been defective but I'm tired of trying and returning so no more for the time being.

16. liquid stereo macrumors regular

B&o

What is the price of the B&O headphone?

I have the B&O A8 earphones and I absolutely love them.

17. blasius thread starter macrumors newbie

blasius

thanks for all the replys.... :) i just went out and bought one cause it's so small... so far after owning it for a week i haven't had any problems at all. i'm convinced that there must be a problem with certain ones because after reading the reviews 1/2 the people love it and the other 1/2 hate it.... with mine i can walk about 25 to 35 feet until I hear static, with some people i've read they can hear nothing but static or they have had problems when there phone was in there pocket, but not with mine.

About the fit, I can totally see how some people might have a problem but i'm one of the lucky people that it fits.

so after all of that I would give it an 8 out of 10 but buyer beware it sounds like alot of them don't work so just pray before you go hahaha

18. crtowles macrumors newbie

crtowles

Custom ear pieces...the only way if you want to use the apple headset.

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now. No static for me. Sound is good. I think they have a serious problem with quality control for these. My problem is I cannot get it to stay in my ear. So I ordered a custom ear piece form Avery sound.

http://www.averysound.com/

C

19. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I whole-heartedly agree with that sentiment. My first one (and dock) had issues charging and horrendous static, as well as issues connecting. Example, a person would call in, I'd click the button on the headset to answer-- but it never did. I had to physically answer w/ the phone then select the BT headset option.

My current and 2nd Apple BT headset connects just fine. And charges fine, too.

Wow! Okay, yeah, my best range is about 5ft, which isn't ideal, but doable. Damn. I wish mine had that sort of range. :eek: