iPhone bluetooth STEREO headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by applephysci, Jan 11, 2009.

1. applephysci macrumors regular

I purchased the JB 200i, and was very disappointed with it. I'll post a review sometime.
    Several problems:
    (a) iPhone headset (calls to/from the iphone) were mono (and not stereo) using the JB 200i stereo headset.
    (b) Phone app, Contacts app, Voicemail occasionally crashes when listening to music. And vice versa.
    (c) Music randomly opens up when trying to make (or receive) and end a call.
    (d) Many more... Will elaborate later.
    If anyone's considering buying JB 200i to use for the iPhone, I'd look elsewhere.

I read somewhere that the iPhone headset (calls to/from the iphone) can only be mono for bluetooth. Is that true?

2. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

How about music playback? I'm pretty sure that bluetooth is only mono sound, not A2DP. Heck, you can't even send pictures via bluetooth to or from an iPhone.

3. applephysci thread starter macrumors regular

Music playback was stereo sound using the bluetooth JB 200i (which includes an A2DP adaptor/dongle). That was the only thing that was good about the JB 200i. But it felt weird though, because you'd have a stereo headset hooked up listening well to music, and when a calls come in, it switches to mono (left ear) with relatively choppy bluetooth conversation.