Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I don't understand why you cannot send via bluetooth to computers unless it is jailbroken!

What is the point of having bluetooth 4.0 and all those extra features if it is only to connect to headsets and cars etc?

Drives me nuts! Unless of course there is another way without jailbreaking? What reason do Apple have for locking out the ability?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
4.0 is a whole other animal, designed for low-power sensors and so forth. There was an article on the MR Front Page yesterday or the day before about that.

Personally I never understood the desire to use Bluetooth as a networking tool. I had a video I'd made in iMovie on my Mac Mini, my daughter was home visiting with her Macbook and wanted a copy - so her first inclination was to transfer it via Bluetooth. Of course it was about 750MB, and she couldn't figure out why it was taking sooooo looooong...

WiFi is much better suited to most iPhone-to-computer communications. Not saying there is no use for Bluetooth or that it shouldn't be supported, but I've never missed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.