Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjkruer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
I have a garmin nuvi 765T with bluetooth. When I first got it I set up my iPhone 3GS with software 3.1 to work with the handsfree bluetooth feature. Everything had been working fine. Lately when my phone links to the garmin, I can see my address book, dial numbers, and see the caller ID on the garmin, but can only actually talk through the phone. The phone does not give me the option to switch to the garmin as an audio source the way it does with other handsfree bluetooth devices. I tried deleting the link and reconnecting but I got the same results. Anyone else had similar issues? It seems to be a problem on the phone since the garmin seems to be doing everything it is supposed to, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any help!

RobFreeman

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2009
Same problem - No speaker

I have the same problem where contacts show up, can make and receive calls, mike picks up but no audio from the nuvi. I have a handsfree Motorola H681 which works fine but I can't get to nuvi to work properly.

NMCO

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2009
Pairing iPhone with Garmin nuvi

I found another source that suggested to change the name of the "Friendly Name" of the Garmin device (Tools>Settings>Bluetooth>Edit Friendly Name) and eliminate the "u" in nuvi with the accent because the iPhone does not recognize it. Once I changed the name AND rebooted both devices, the handsfree function worked properly. If the iPhone displays the correct device name (other than blank) it should now work properly. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.