iPhone Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ddrum1458, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ddrum1458 macrumors member

Can you bluetooth songs, not from itunes, from the iPod to other phones?
    And if you are sent a music file from another phone will it show up in ipod.

2. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

No.

Bluetooth on the iphone is strictly for in-car handsfree use. It doesn't support any of the other functionality.

3. barryallott macrumors member

You cannot bluetooth files to anywhere on the iPhone

4. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Is there not even some kind of 3rd party app that would allow it on a jailbroken handset?

I know nokia tried to restrict the type of stuff that could be bluetoothed between phones, but that was easily worked around using 3rd party applications.

5. dog299 macrumors regular

I hope there is an application to allow it :rolleyes:

It can do it, one time i was using the Apple bluetooth headset for a voice call; l ended the call and the music i was listening to previously kicked in via the headset for a few seconds :eek:

6. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Not possible via appllications because the bluetooth stack itself is crippled, so other devices simply can't connect.

To implement something like it you'd have to add kernel modules to support the various bluetooth protocols at least - and that's insanely difficult to write (especially without any official documentation). Needless to day there will never be anythong on the appstore that does it (unless it's added by apple themselves).