iPhone bookmark question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sonoran, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Sonoran macrumors member

I use Firefox as my primary browser and I am wondering if the iPhone will sync them or if the bookmarks only get on to the iPhone from Safari?

If only from Safari is their an easy way to get my FF bookmarks onto a new iPhone?

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I use IE, Firefox, And Google Chrome. All of my Bookmarks sync:D

3. Sonoran thread starter macrumors member

4. bjobes macrumors regular

The only sync option I see in iTunes is IE. Why is that?

5. Psyxologos macrumors regular

Please can someone offer any help with regards to synchronising firefox bookmarks?

thanks

6. davidjtaylor07 macrumors member

try this, i use foxmarks to sync my firefox bookmarks, but foxmarks have recently released a bookmarks syncroniser for IE (call foxmarks for IE) it is only in beta but works ok. now with firefox synced with IE your iphone should be insync as well (provided you have itunes set to sync with IE)
    hope this helps
    d

7. Was not Was macrumors newbie

there's now an iphone app called linksinablink that seems to do this pretty well, if you are signed up to foxmarks (or xmarks as it seems to be called now). it doesn't put your foxmarks into safari on the iphone but no problem - when you click on one of yr bookmarks in this app, it fires up safari.

If there's a downside, it's that it doesn't sync any bookmarks you set up on yr phone - it only downloads them.