iphone booting to substrate mode (cydia won't open, no tweaks in settings) after JB 9.3.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blueflower, Aug 5, 2016.

1. blueflower, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016

blueflower macrumors 6502

Hey everyone jailbroke last night I am on 9.3.2 using a SE. Powered off the phone last night now today it only starts in substrate mode. Last tweak installed alkaline and then Zelda hearts battery symbol for alkaline.

Cydia won't open, no tweaks are in settings and my applied theme is now only partially applied and I cannot get into safe mode. Any ideas?

Ok so found out that I have to re-enable the jailbreak each time I reboot. I did so using the pangu app not the PP app which I do not have. Is there anyway to not have to do this after each reboot?

Also a member here suggested that I update to 9.3.3 so can I update to 9.3.3 using iTunes if I download the 9.3.3. ipsw file even though I am jailbroken on 9.3.2.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

No way around it. You must re-enable the jailbreak after every reboot

I believe iOS 9.3.3 is still being signed at this moment, so it is possible to restore to 9.3.3 in dfu mode

3. blueflower thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for replying. Ok I downloaded the 9.3.3 ipsw file can you point me to a guide. I am reading some but none mention dfu mode.

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

5. blueflower thread starter macrumors 6502

I did it and I prefer hearing from macrumors members than other websites. Thanks again to everyone that replied.

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Here's how you enter dfu mode. Afterwards, just hold shift (or option if you're on a Mac) and then left click on restore, choose your 9.3.3 ipsw file and it'll restore to 9.3.3 if it is being signed