Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loudestnoise

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Nashville, TN
This is by far the worst of the video reviews out so far. The guy seems like he wants to be funny like Pogue, but can't pull it off. Doesn't help that their audio was recorded poorly.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
iPhone buyers continue to amass in front of apple stores....

zombies_01.jpg

That's me in the upper right on Friday @ 5:59pm local.

pipas forjaz

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
how lucky you are

first post of mine

i just want to know if it will ever be available for the rest of us... that don't live in the USA?
I have been following it since day one, i know so many people that are interested in buying one.
i see so many people complaining about it in the USA, but they at least have the choice to buy one or not to buy one, we have no choice....
if only apple had made it so that it would really be more like an ipod, and just use it anywhere, just change the SIM card, they for sure would sell so many more iphones. I hope that is what they end up doing for the rest of the world.
I don't mind having one that has a few less features because a certain carrier does not support it, but the rest would be fine, and what a nice and better ipod it is

enoughhttp://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2005
REALLY bad fake job, he was clearly NOT on the phone! When he put it up to his ear, the screen was still on!!!

Attachments

• badiphone.jpg
    badiphone.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 161

raykhrud

macrumors regular
And we'll never have any pan-European or pan-Asian provider here because we are not Europe or Asia either... And we also call ATMs 'bancomaty'.
But wait a second... We, unlike Europe or even UK, have Carl's Jr. With no 6 dollar burgers...
Oh, wait a second! Maybe we can have iPhone with no visual voicemail then?

aria505

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2005
When watching that video, I kept thinking "His presses aren't registering well..." but then I realized that he's sort of shaky and is really fidgety when he tries to tap the screen with his side/pad of his thumb (which probably isn't a very accurate part of the finger to use.)

That video was hilarious because he was completely using it incorrectly and screwing up the demo.

He is like my mother who double-clicks EVERYTHING, even things that are only suppose to be activated with a single-click, therefore she completely confuses the computer and gets mad because she thinks that things aren't working correctly.

It runs chills up my spine when I see someone double-click web links and menu options. It reminds me of the one button/two button explanation. "Ok click that link. / Done. / Now double-click that icon. / Cool I can double-click? Done. / Now click that button. / Oh ok. Single-click or Double-click? Hmmm. I'll just double-click."

dojothemouse

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Two things about this review

1) "IT Departments tend to be conservative"

IT departments aren't going to enable IMAP because they don't know anything about security and won't be able to set up SSL for IMAP. That doesn't make them conservative.

2) "I'm sure they'll make a deal with Adobe, because Flash is..."

Really CPU intensive? Yeah. Maybe Adobe will make a Flash engine that's suited to embedded applications, but that's an extremely tall order. Potentially unsolvable. I'm sure they're working on it, but that doesn't mean it'll happen, or work well enough for video playback.

Random Ping

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2007
2) "I'm sure they'll make a deal with Adobe, because Flash is..."

I've wondered if this is a backdoor way for Apple to get people to support QuickTime in their web sites. If you are a web developer who thinks serving iPhone customers is important, maybe you will be more likely to encode your video in one of the QuickTime supported formats instead of Flash.

Just a thought...

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2005
This guy was on foxs Neil Cavuto this afternoon. I think he is a polly anna out on a witch hunt.:)

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/launc...1&iFlop for Apple?&Video Launch Page&Business

I thought the criticisms were fairly legit. He said it's not really for business people, and i never thought it was marketed that way. Seems more high end consumer. All the other stuff about AT&T's coverage and speed and the non-removable battery seems reasonable. I thought it was fairly realistic.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
That guy looks like a retard using the iPhone. I don't mind using your thumb, but this guy does it all wrong. He misses a lot and always has to tap again. he's putting his whole thumb on the screen, not just the tip.

Like someone said, "like people double klcking links in a browser". :p

Beaner

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2007
hahah what a stuffed up video. Whats he doing mushing things twice with his thumb.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
I've wondered if this is a backdoor way for Apple to get people to support QuickTime in their web sites. If you are a web developer who thinks serving iPhone customers is important, maybe you will be more likely to encode your video in one of the QuickTime supported formats instead of Flash.

Just a thought...

And a good though, I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.