iPhone brick or not....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amcieq, Jul 12, 2015.

1. amcieq macrumors newbie

Hi everybody, I've bought an iPhone 6 on gumtree. It was supposed to be ereased (screen saying 'hello.."). But when I'm trying to register (on my Apple account) the device says: This iPhone has been ereased and to register you need to contact the previous user... or sth with similar meaning... The thing is that I cannot contact with the previous user, coz his email i "dotted"... Can anyone say whether I've bought a brick, ot sth can be done to fix it? Thanks a million for any reply. Regards

2. amcieq thread starter macrumors newbie

Checked it and it says: activation code is on, get in touch with the previous owner and ask them to remove the device.... obut I don't have email details to this person... It seems that I was f>>>>>.... Any chance to find the previous owner?

3. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

You've bought a brick, can't you contact the person you bought the phone off? Unless they stole it they should be the pervious owner.

4. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately you have a brick. Of course if you could find the seller and hope he isn't a thief, you may have a chance.

5. nox5 macrumors 6502

6. rockitdog Suspended

Fill in the blank... She's a _________________House!!!!

WTF is gumtree? How did you pay? Perhaps you have some recourse if you used paypal or a credit card.

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Gumtree is a free advertising site like FreeAds. It's also a magnet for scammers and time wasters.

8. rockitdog Suspended

Ahhh, I see.

9. nox5 macrumors 6502

Gumtree is mostly grown in South Africa