Iphone bricked ? Apple logo loop

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by raphaeloo, Oct 10, 2010.

1. raphaeloo macrumors newbie

I have a iphone 3g 16gb and it's blocked at apple logo. Firstly, when i plug the device to computer itunes and pc does not detect any device on usb port because it's on bootscreen, so i must put the iphone in DFU mode. Well here seems to be a problem because I've tried all combinations like 10 seconds on both buttons sleep & home, i mean ALL combinations and it does not work. I've tried also with irecovery, tinyumbrella and the iphone is not detected. What should i do.
    The flex band is new (audio jack+on/off+silencer.....i know they are working) but I don't recieve any feedback if I press them to enter in dfu mode.

The phone is like that: for 3 minutes stays in red battery on the screen, suddenly it turns off and boots with apple logo for 3,4 minutes when the loading circle appears, the it freezes like that, after 5 minutes the battery appears again and the loop is over and over again.

I could not enter in DFU mode because the buttons seems that doesn't have any effect, i've tried software but the iphone is not detected. I also mention that i could not turn off the phone, it does not turn off even i pus only sleep/wake button or push home and sleep for 10 seconds....it doesn't have any effect, but the buttons are working i tell you.

What should I try? Please help me !

Thanks, Raphael

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If the buttons are not working there isnt much you can do.
    If they do work you gotta keep trying to get it into DFU. If it still wont go it must be a hardware problem.

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

its called a headphone jack cable.... who put it in for you? just cause its new doesnt mean it works. they do come in bad and if you dont know what you are doing you can mess them up. you could have put the power button in wrong and that could be the reason it doesnt work. or the entire phone has not been put back together correctly. but your iPhone is NOT bricked!!

4. raphaeloo thread starter macrumors newbie

hi

Power and home buttons work fine because i,ve tried to open and close the screen with power button and it works (only when is in red battery screen). Also I've tred ibrikr, irecovery, tinyumbrella, ziphone , and none of them doesn't see my phone. Cand it be a hardware problem on the logic board?

Many thanks, Raphael

5. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

you didnt answer the question....who did the work for you? it sounds most like a hardware issue if everything was ok before you replaced the headphone jack cable. I think the phone was not put back together correctly. it could be the doc connector if the pc is not seeing it but you wont know until you get it to boot up. partway through the boot series your computer should see the phone even though you still have the apple logo. if you did the repair yourself you need to take it to a shop that knows what they are doing. dont take it to apple cause they wont fix it. they will just sell you a replacement for $199.