iPhone Bricked??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bassproguy07, Oct 3, 2008.

1. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

ok this is really weird, went to bed with a working iPhone plugged into the wall. Just woke up, tried to check the time but my screen is black, hold buttons, nothing. I unplug it from the wall and plug it back in and it makes the charging sound but still nothing screen wise. I plug it into the macbook, still nothing. The macbook recognizes it is there and I am doing a restore but it still has nothing on the screen. Anyone have this issue? hoping I dont have to go to the genius bar, but its looking like I might. I just thought this was so random, it worked last night and now it doesnt?

2. doobi18 macrumors 6502

'bricking' isnt exactly the right terminology to use

if the screen won't show any signs of life even when plugged in and resotres, then you have a hardware fault

time to go to the genius bar

doobs

3. bassproguy07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

well it is a "brick" so I think the term is right.....its still backing up so we will see thanks for the reply though. I dont want to make the trek to the bar but I guess if I have to I will.

4. bassproguy07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

ok seems that the restore worked....YIPPEE!!!!! lol any reason this would just randomly happen??