iPhone Bricked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chaos123x, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Turned on my iPhone this afternoon and it gave me the connect to itunes/ emergency call screen.

So I connected it to my computer and itunes said it can not work with my phone because I need to enter my password on it.

Now I know my password, but I can't enter it on my phone because all I get is the connect to itunes symbol/emergency calls.

So I tried a restore, after a recovery restore, I still got the connect to itunes symbol on my phone, but this time when I connect it the computer says it can't connect because the Sim maybe pin locked.

I tried the SIM in my Razr and it works fine.

So I am still stuck where I was, What can I do?

2. erbop macrumors newbie

This won't be much help, but I had a similar issue today. Pulled the phone out of my pocket at about 8:00pm pacific time, and had the connect to iTunes screen. Nothing to do about it until I got home, connected to iTunes, and my phone immediately unbricked and I got the little popup "iPhone Activated" on the phone. Sorry your outcome wasn't similar. Very strange...

3. Chaos123x thread starter macrumors 68000

Took it to the Apple Store, they pronounced it dead.

They gave me a new one.