iPhone Broken, but no apple store near. (O2 UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bubba87, Jul 25, 2009.

1. bubba87 macrumors member

My 16GB iphone 3G has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. Lots of things from stuck pixels, overheating, crashing. It's gotten much worse now though as it appears the sleep button is stuck on- resulting in the phone shutting down every other hour and some days not switching on at all.

I've tried a full DFU restore- still nothing.

Theres no apple store anywhere near me, so I'm wondering how I can get a replacement/my phone fixed. O2 have said they can send it away, but it will take 28 days, and I can't go that long without a phone.

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

O2 can give you a replacement phone if you ask. Where are you located in the UK? My closest Apple store is Southampton.

3. bubba87 thread starter macrumors member

In south wales. Closes is bristol.

I went into my O2 shop and they said they don't touch them. They'd have to send it to apple which will take 28 days.

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Ask them to lend you a handset for the period it's away. Probably it won't be an iPhone but it'll be a phone.

5. bubba87 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah it's a generic Nokia phone, which I'm not too happy with.

Has anyone had any experience with the Advance Replacement Service? http://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/service/exchange/

any idea how to apply for it?

6. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Yeah, call Apple up. tell them your issue, and tell them you want them to send you a new phone. They will charge you $29.99 and put a hold of the replacement value of the iPhone you have and then you will be send a new phone with in 24 hours. Took mine 12 hours to arrive from the time I called. Then you will send the old one back. If you have Apple care, the $29.99 fee is waived.