iphone browser sucks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boonlar, May 7, 2010.

1. boonlar macrumors 6502

Actually it's alright but why are there no scroll bars so I can get to the bottom of a page quickly? Why isn't there a search function so I can find text on a web page? Why are there no plugins? Why?????:confused:

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you need a new phone that better fits your usage. Lots of other choices out there.... iPhone isn't for every one.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (OS4.0b3): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/8A260b Safari/531.21.10)

Killer link, thx. I've had "Scroll to End" in my bookmarks for ages.

The OP might be glad to know that OS4 handles things better, too - in both betas I've tried, scrolling through pages is MUCH faster. After a couple of swipes at normal speed, it speeds up considerably. ;)

4. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Why? That's stupid. Yeah get a new phone because you don't like the browser. :rolleyes:

I use the Perfect Browser. Search for it in the App store. It does everything you are asking for. There are a few other browsers that are good, but Perfect Browser seems to be the best to me.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It definetelly doesn't suck.
    If you didn't know the features of the cellphone you bought prior then is your fault. Next time do some research and get something with the things you mentioned above.

6. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Lol.

Who made you Senor Mighty? Aren't people allowed opinions?

The browser is great, but with everything, there are minor issues.

7. deepen03 macrumors member

deepen03

agreed.. Perfect Browser is what Safari for iPhone should have been. IT IS AMAZING.. Its the only browser I use.. :)

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey unlike him I do research the product before I buy it.
    I dont just get it and then realize oh no, it doesnt have this or that feature that I really wanted it.
    Common sense.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You know, that reminds me, some people don't do research before jailbreaking their iPhone? Gasp!! :D

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    They dont even know how or why they're doing it, they just want to JB it.
    Then ask 100 questions on how and why its messed up now.

11. fraggot macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, I agree with Apple.

Even though these are little details, if you're spending this much money on a device you should test it out. Play around with it at the store, try other phones and see how they operate.

It's really not that difficult.

12. army91c macrumors 6502a

LoL... the phone isn't doing/performing the way he wants. Why buy something that you don't like using? Do YOU buy things you don't like using?

13. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Yes I do... Ever been married? :p

The problem here is that what he doesn't like is an easy fix. It's like getting of the iPhone because someone has too much spam in your email.

14. tigress666 macrumors 68040

If you did research, maybe you'd know there is a browser out there that does what he asks for the iphone for 99 cents.

Other people have already mentioned it. Perfect Browser. Does exactly everything he bitches Safari doesn't.

It's my main one too.

I don't even understand why the first response on this was, "You shouldn't have bought the phone." rather than, "Why not search for a browser that does this." or "Hey, this browser does this" or just not saying anything if you don't have anything really helpful to say. Disclaimer, this is aimed at everyone whose response was, "shouldn't have bought the phone."

He already bought the phone. And honestly, there is a solution to his problem that doesn't involve going back in time. And allows him to enjoy the phone for the stuff he does like and get the stuff he wishes it had.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I can care less about scroll bars or text searching.
    Thats why I didnt research or knew about it. Safari works fine for me.
    To just come out and say that the iphone browser sucks instead of asking a question about a specific feature that he's looking for is just looking for a flame fest IMO.

16. tigress666 macrumors 68040

He did ask for specific features, he wanted scrolling and a search function. I easily saw what he was looking for in his post (my first inclination was to say, "try perfect browser, it does that!" Then I saw all the sudden people telling him not to buy the iphone and I'm like, "What?! But there's an easy solution to his problem that's available for the iphone! And how does telling him he shouldn't have bought one solve his issue?").

He just also complained about the current browser while he was at it. He's allowed to dislike it. What you think is fine others may not and want some sort of improvement. And honestly while I use neither, I do think they are things (specially the search) that by now have been added to Safari (I use Perfect Browser for the orientation lock mostly myself).

17. army91c macrumors 6502a

bwahahahahaha... very true....

No.... something tells me OP won't be happy no matter what he has. I say this because if it was really that easy to "fix" he/she wouldn't be coming onto MR and complaining about what the i doesn't do instead of simply doing an app search for another browser to use.

.... AND.... if OP didn't know there were other browser options for iPhone, then the lack of scroll bars or word search is the least of his/her problems.

18. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    If you looked past the title, his first sentence was (emphasis mine):

Heck, most people here can't even spell correctly, much less come up with a cogent title.

Maybe you expect too much :)

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

20. moynihan123 macrumors member

It's kind of hard to understand your post, because the grammar reminds me of an elementary school class but he is perfectly allowed to voice his opinion on the browser. And you really need to learn to read, as Kdarling has pointed out, the first part of his post clearly states otherwise.

21. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Well he's probably just a kid or something. When I was a teen everything thing sucked or " whatever "... I didn't know for the first couple months that Apple even allowed other browsers on my 3GS. I just assumed Safari was it. I was quite surprised to find the perfect browser in the app store.

It's a silly mistake by the OP but nothing unforgivable.

22. corriewf macrumors 6502a

It's a forum not a school setting. His post was easily readable. Attacking his. Grammar is. Not really. The way. To go. You. Know. What. I. Am. Saying? Yo!:p