iPhone browsing history appearing on other users history?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eddcunningham, Oct 24, 2011.

1. eddcunningham macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey all,

I was just wondering how much of your iphone browsing history appears on other people connected to the same wifi networks history?

I ask because I notice that google searches I've done on my iPhone also appear on my laptop.
    Is this history sharing just tied to google searches, or also general browsing.

For example, if I were to visit www.example.com on my iPhone, would that then come up in the browsing history of anyone else connected to that network?

The browser of choice is google chrome btw.

Thanks in advance.

2. eddcunningham thread starter macrumors newbie

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

The wifi network AFAIK doesn't keep any search history, unless Google is keying off the same external IP, but that would create some interesting issues for users within a company private network.

More likely you're signed into Google on both devices and Google is keeping track.

Easy enough to test...