Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deaks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Hi all,
Had my iphone 3G for about a week and i must say im chuffed to bits. Coming from windows mobile its nice to have stuff that works from the box.

The one thing i am having problems with is the BTopenzone.

From work i can log in as normal - i entered my phone number once and it works.

My neighbour at home has opened up his home router to BTFON which broadcasts as BTOPENZONE. Naturally the iphone goes to that as its default along with the cloud.

My problem is that it appears to be different from regular openzone as it is a sharing service to which you need a logon and password.

My phone goes for it and then wont connect as its unvalidated on that service.

My questions are

1) can anyone on an O2 contract log on ? and how ?

2) If not is there a way to set my iphone to connect to my home network - deaksnet - first and then BTopenzone - kind of changing the priority ?

Thanks all -

I know its a bit of a techy question but hopefully some fellow geeks can help me out.

Deaks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me.

Been out of the country for a week with no net connection !!!!!

I did think of that but if i block BTopenzone will it then block all the legit ones i can come across and use as per my data allowance ??

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
I think once you've switched to your wi-fi it will use that as default until you connect to another OpenZone then it will switch again..

if that makes sense?

Deaks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Well it seems to have resolved itself.
My neighbour seems to have removed the sharing option on his home hub as the BTOPENZONE ssid is no longer being broadcast.
Has he not have done it was a pain as evertime the phone came out of standby it defaulted to the bt openzone ( Which we cant access ) instead of my home Lan.

Thanks for the replies guys - Great site and helpfull forum

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.