Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Jev91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
i have the same usage and standby timer that showing on my iphone 4 with 4.2.1 os
and the battery is going fast

it really bugging me around and no answer at English websites
i found out the problem at China forums and try to spread the solution at here

problem : MMS is pending to ur mobile number, system try to download the MMS but cellular data is off.

solution : turn on ur cellular data, u might hv 95% receive the MMS later awhile. after done and try to check back the timer, its become normal

Stefan U7

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2011
iPhone Bug [same usage and standby timer]

problem : MMS is pending to ur mobile number, system try to download the MMS but cellular data is off.

solution : turn on ur cellular data, u might hv 95% receive the MMS later awhile. after done and try to check back the timer, its become normal

thats exactly what I was looking for
thank you so much!

its not a resolution tough since i dont want to download junk mails from server on my not unlimited dataplan...

i really think this is a bug that apple must fix but i hardly think they will sadly

luv2swim

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
i have the same usage and standby timer that showing on my iphone 4 with 4.2.1 os
and the battery is going fast

it really bugging me around and no answer at English websites
i found out the problem at China forums and try to spread the solution at here

Wow!! Finally the solution to this battery life issue!! I've had it off and on and now I know why! This worked for me - Thank You!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.