Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dangleheart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
It is generally been a great experience with the awesome iPhone.

Here is the first major bug I encountered.

If you type in an email password wrong, which is easy to do given the virtual keyboard combined with the password being starred out, and submit it and if it comes back with an error, you can not change the password and resubmit. That resubmit just does not do anything. That screen is pretty much dead. You have to go back all the way to the main screen and come back down the mail page...

Dangleheart.
p.s. I love the multi-touch zooming.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I can't do a _ when I try to sign in to another forum I go to. Then again, it isn't bug, but a missing feature.

snozz

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
music crashes frequently while browsing and some

I think the music crashing was only occurring on certain sites - digg and tuaw so far.

A repeatable bug i found while trying to ppst a comment ontuaw was that typing response was sluggish and pressing delete multiple times in sucession caused the delete button to get "stuck" and delete the entire field. Weird. This hasn't happened here.

And the music just crashed again. It happened when I rotated from horizontal to vertical i think.

And sometimes tje spell fixing doesnt work.

Have any of these things happened to anybody else?

kdarling

macrumors P6
Have any of these things happened to anybody else?

Yes. Just look around the net at the iPhone forums. It's a little bit of a mess.

The phones are locking up in just about every mode. Often a full reset helps, but sometimes not. And Jobs is worried about third party software making it unstable? He should've given them away to his employees months ago so he could get things fixed.

The biggest deal appears to be with WiFi. Secure nets require some twiddling to get working.

The other common bug is that music stops abruptly when trying to use coverflow or the web and pops you out to the home page.

Ah, the thrill of being first in line with new gear.

himansk

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2006
so far safari has crashed on me a couple of times, especially while typing a comment on my blog that i created using iWeb and hosted on .Mac account

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
while listening to music, safari seems to crash whenever i type in a text field like a user name or password field. is anybody else getting this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.